Avago: Dual-Output Gate Drive Optocoupler - Free Samples Available
Dual-Output Gate Drive Optocoupler with Integrated (VCE) Desaturation Detection, Fault and UVLO Status Feedback.
The ACPL-339J is an advanced 1.0 A dual-output, easy-to-use, intelligent IGBT and Power MOSFET gate drive optocoupler interface. Uniquely designed to support MOSFET buffer of various current ratings, the ACPL-339J makes it easier for system engineers to support different system power ratings using one hardware platform by interchanging the MOSFET buffers and power IGBT/MOSFET switches. These changes can be made without redesiging the critical circuit isolation and short-circuit protection. This concept maximizes gate drive design scalability for motor control and power conversion applications ranging from low to high power ratings.
The ACPL-339J contains an AlGaAs LED. The LED is optically coupled to an integrated circuit with two power output stages with active timing control to prevent cross conduction at the external MOSFET buffer. It is also integrated with features such as VCE detection, under voltage lockout (UVLO), “soft” IGBT turn-off, and isolated open collector fault feedback to provide maximum design flexibility and circuit protection. The ACPL-339J has an insulation voltage of VIORM = 1414 Vpeak in IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5.
- Dual output drive for external NMOS and PMOS buffer
- 1.0 A minimum peak output current
- Active timing control to prevent cross conduction in MOSFET buffer
- IGBT desaturation detection
- Isolated DESAT and UVLO fault feedback
- Configurable “Soft” shutdown during fault
- Under Voltage Lock-Out Protection (UVLO) with Hysteresis for positive and negative power supply
- 300 ns maximum propagation delay over temperature range
- 6.0 mA to 10.0 mA Low LED input current
- 25 kV/μs Minimum Common Mode Rejection (CMR) at VCM = 1500 V
- Wide Operating VCC Range: 15 to 30 Volts
- Industrial temperature range: -40° C to 105° C
- SO-16 package
- Safety Approval Pending
- UL Recognized 5000 VRMS for 1 min.
- IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5 VIORM = 1414 Vpeak
- IGBT/Power MOSFET gate drive Interface
- AC & brushless DC motor drives
- Renewable energy inverters
- Industrial inverters
- Switching power supplies