Analog Devices: ADSP-BF609 - Blackfin Dual-Core Processor
The ADSP-BF609 Blackfin processor is optimized for embedded vision and video analytics applications using a dual-core fixed-point DSP processor with a unique pipelined vision processor (PVP).
The PVP is a set of functional blocks next to the Blackfin cores designed to accelerate image processing algorithms and reduce overall bandwidth requirements.
Other features include a high performance enhanced infrastructure, large on-chip memory and a feature rich peripheral set with expanded connectivity options.
In addition to these the ADSP-BF609 processor contains features for safety-critical applications, including a CRC for memory protection, Parity and ECC protection in the internal memory blocks and a Fault Management Unit.
The ADSP-BF609 processor is ideal for many embedded vision applications such as automotive advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), machine vision and robotics for industrial manufacturing systems, security and surveillance system analytics and bar code scanners.
- 2 Blackfin cores capable of 500 MHz/1000 MMACs (2000 MMACs total) for demanding signal processing applications
- 552 K bytes of on-chip SRAM composed of 148kB of L1 SRAM per core with parity support and a shared L2 256kB SRAM with ECC support
- Pipeline Vision Processor (PVP) with HD support
- Pixel Composito
- Fully integrated DMA controller supporting DMA transfers to and from all on-chip and off-chip memories and peripherals
- 3x Enhanced Parallel Peripheral Interfaces (ePPIs) supporting up to 24-bit data widths, ITU-R BT.656 modes, and direct connection to TFT LCD panels, parallel converters, video encoders and decoders, image sensors, and other general-purpose peripherals
- 3 synchronous serial ports (SPORTs) supporting I2S, Packed I2S, left-justified sample pair, and TDM modes
- USB 2.0 HS OTG
- Removable Storage Interface (RSI)
- 2 10/100 Ethernet MACs with IEEE 1588 support
- Controller Area Network (CAN) Interface
- 4 Link Ports supporting 8-bit wide DMA enabled data transfer
- 2 Watch Dog Timers and 8 Timer/Counters with PWM support
- CRC engine
- 2 SPI-compatible ports supporting master and slave modes
- 2 UART and 2 Two-Wire Interfaces
- 2 16-bit Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) channels
- 19x19 mm CSP BGA package
- Commercial, Industrial, and automotive temperature ranges available
- Embedded Vision
- Video Analytics
- Video Processing
- Security and Access Control
For further supplier information and services please visit our microsite.
Contact & Samples / Order
For more information or Sample Request please contact your local Sales Office.