Atmel: Hands-on XMEGA™ and Studio 6 Workshop for Engineers
Arrow is pleased to announce a hands-on workshop in our Manchester office on March 19th 2013 enabling you to learn more about Atmel's new development environment, Atmel Studio 6 and the highly integrated, ultra-low power AVR XMEGA range of microcontrollers.
Atmel® AVR® XMEGA® microcontrollers deliver the best possible combination of real-time performance, high integration and low power consumption for 8/16-bit MCU applications. Key features include:
- High-precision analog - 12-bit ADCs with gain stage and combined throughput of 4 MSPS. Fast 12-bit DAC with high drive strength, as well as other functions that reduce the need for external components.
- Real-time performance - The event system facilitates inter-peripheral signaling with 100% predictable response time. To offload the CPU, all peripherals can use DMA for data transfer.
- Atmel picoPower® technology - True 1.6 volt operation, and 500 nA RTC operation with full SRAM retention for fastest possible wake-up time.
- High Integration - XMEGA devices integrate AES and DES crypto modules, up to 32 PWM outputs, 8 UART, 4 TWI (I2C) and 4 SPI channels, a CRC generator module, and more.
- AVR Software Library - A complete library of device drivers and communication stacks save time and development effort so you can focus on more important design tasks.
- Atmel QTouch® Sensing - QTouch Library support enables you to easily realize robust capacitive touch sensing interfaces for button, sliders and wheels.
- USB Connectivity - Delivers full-speed operation without the need for external crystals, 31 endpoints, and a special multi-packet function that maximizes data transfer rates while minimizing CPU load.
Our workshop offers a full day of training; the full agenda is below. The cost for the seminar is £50 and includes lunch and a range of free development kits to a value of €100 for you to take away at the end of the day and continue your evaluation.
The free development kits are:
- ATAVRDRAGON (ICE): €45 Resell
- ATXMEGAA3BU-XPLD (EK): €30 Resell
- ATAVRSBIN1 (Inertial Sensor Board): €25 Resell
8:45 - 9:15
Arrive and Coffee
9:15 - 10:00
AVR Architecture/XMega Peripherals/Pico Power
10:00 - 10:30
Introducing Atmel Studio 6 (AS6) and Atmel Software Framework (ASF
10:30 - 12:30
ASF Getting Started/XMEGA-A3BU Xplained
12:30 - 13:00
13:00 - 15:00
AVR8008 Hands On
15:00 - 17:00
Getting Started USB/XMEGA-A3BU Xplained
AVR8013 Hands On
Attendee's own laptop plus Atmel Studio 6 pre-installed (downloadable from Atmel website)
Required Knowledge: Basic understanding of Integrated Development Environments and a basic knowledge of Embedded MCU programming in ANSI C